Having one of those days where all you want to do is just binge-watch your favorite TV show? Don’t let that time go to waste!
We all have those days where we just want to veg in front of the TV and do nothing.
And no, we don’t mean “Netflix and chill.”
It’s easy to feel guilty “wasting” that time when you feel like you have a million things that need to get done. We’ve come up with some financial “to-dos” that can help you earn money (or at least increase your financial health) while you watch!
For more ideas on how to earn extra cash, check out our Side Gigs category under “Money Management” from the drop-down menu above!
Get Your Finances in Order
This isn’t necessarily a way to make money, but any time you are doing anything with money, you should make sure you have your financial health stable.
Here are some ideas on things you can do while watching Netflix to organize your finances and improve your spending habits:
- Balance your budget (or set up a budget with the World’s Easiest Budget + FREE Printable! or 9 Simple & Different Budgeting Methods)
- Email your utility companies to see if you can negotiate a discount
- Research less expensive communication plans (cell phone, internet, TV, etc.)
- Order your credit report and make sure it matches your records with regards to credit card balances, loans, etc.
- Write down all of your usernames and passwords for your financial accounts
- Look at your retirement plan and determine if you are saving enough with this calculator
- Set up a meal plan
- Sell your “junk” online – any clutter that you have and are saving for a garage sale, just list it on Ebay or Facebook
There are several websites that allow you to earn money by taking surveys! Here are some of our favorites:
- Prolific Academic
- Survey Junkie
- National Consumer Panel
- Pinecone Research
- Valued Opinions
- Gift Hunter Club
Watch Commercials on Mute
Each of these apps has a way to watch commercials and TV shows to earn money! We usually just mute these and put them on in the background.
- Inbox Dollars
- You also earn money just by reading emails!
- Perk also has apps to earn money for quizzes, word games, and more!
- Hit Bliss
- Global Test Market
Swagbucks gets it’s own category because it has so many of the items on this list! (Although the other websites have a variety of ways to earn points as well, no one else does it quite like Swagbucks.)
You earn points (called Swagbucks) for taking surveys, watching videos, searching on their search engine, and more! You can then exchange those points for free gift cards, prizes, and more.
If you have to buy something online anyway, you might as well get money back for it! Ebates is our favorite way to get cash back on our online purchases.
We have a treadmill at our home that has this attachment so we can use our laptops while we’re walking/running. It makes it much easier to multi-task! We can work while we exercise.
We then linked our fitness tracking apps to Achievement, and we earn points for every entry (weight, food, exercise, etc.). Once you reach a certain number of points, you get a $10 reward.
You can also sign up to be rewarded for reaching health goals with HealthyWage.
Several apps give you sign-up bonuses, as well has help you earn money. Here are some of our favorites:
Find a way to set up passive income! Passive income is money that can be earned, even when you’re not actively working. For example, renting out your house is passive income. Blogging can also be passive income.
If you’re interested in setting up a blog to try to make money, please feel free to email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that Netflix itself pays people to watch? Check out their jobs listings!