Hey y’all, Tiffany here.
Since this post is about motherhood, it’d be a bit awkward if Phillip were writing the post. Although actually he could write quite a bit about our first year as first-time parents!
You see, shortly after our first kiddo was born, my Crohn’s disease flared up. From when she was 3 months old to 8 months old, I was hospitalized 10 times.
It was rough.
Phillip had just graduated from undergrad a few months before, and we had moved to a new state for his first job out of college. We knew no one, other than a handful of people at our new ward (church congregation) that we’d met the few times before we had our baby.
Did I mention that we also only had one car, and Phillip’s commute to and from work was over an hour?
Forget doctor appointments – just getting groceries was difficult!
Thankfully, Sam’s Club was near Phillip’s work. It was easy for me to drop him off at work, do a Sam’s run to stock up, and then head back home. And since they sell baby items and household goods in bulk for a great price, I only had to do it once a month!
The money we saved on groceries far exceeded the low cost of the Sam’s Club membership! In fact, Sam’s Club even has a blog post about how your Sam’s membership pays for itself!
Sam’s Club membership perks
These are some of my favorite things about having a Sam’s Club membership:
- Warehouse Prices: Get all your bulk items, top brands and more for less.
- Exclusive Instant Savings Offers: Enjoy extra offers on top of already low members-only prices.
- Guaranteed Value: Love your membership or your current yearly fee will be refunded in full.
- Faster, Easier Shopping: Skip the checkout lines with Scan & Go, order ahead with Club Pickup or shop on the go with the Sam’s Club app. (This one is great to highlight, specifically for new moms.)
- Remarkable Quality: Find a large selection of fresh and organic produce, USDA choice meats and fresh-baked goods.
One thing I wish we’d had back when our first kid was born was some sort of mail-order service. It would have been great if I didn’t have to make that drive to Sam’s Club at all, since I didn’t have my own car.
Well now, there is! Sam’s Club has set up a subscription service for products you order on a regular basis like diapers, food, and more!
And goodness knows, we go through a lot of diapers. I would have loved having them delivered to my door on a regular basis!
Sign up bonus!
Because we (and others) feel this membership is so beneficial for new moms, we’ve teamed up!
Right now, if you go over to Valpak’s website here, you can sign up for a Sam’s Club membership with even MORE benefits!
When you sign up HERE, you will get a $20 Sam’s Club gift card! Even better, you’ll get $25 in new member instant savings! Take a look at what you can get:
To celebrate the awesome-ness of Sam’s Club, there’s going to be a Twitter party! On Tuesday, November 6, you can win $1,500 in prizes for Sam’s Club! Just RSVP HERE.
And if a $20 gift card, $25 in instant savings, and a Twitter party weren’t enough, we have even more for you!
Here are the giveaway details. Good luck!
- Thursday, November 1st at 12:00 AM ET to Friday, November 9th at 11:59 PM ET.
- Twenty Five (25) winners will receive a $100 Sam’s Plus Gift of Membership Gift Card.
- Users enter the giveaway by heading to the Sam’s Club page on Savings.com HERE and submitting their email address on the form at the top of the page.
- The winners will be chosen through a lottery drawing and notified on Monday (11/12) via the email address they used to enter.
- See complete Official Rules for entry instructions, full prize descriptions, restrictions and other important details.